[lbo-talk] Focus on Iran and Palestine, Not Iraq

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 13:28:13 PDT 2006

On 5/16/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:
> We failed the Iraqis, because we couldn't force US troops to withdraw
> before they and their local hirelings wrecked Iraq and sowed the seeds
> of a civil war, which may possibly last for decades.
>
> There are mass sentiments against the Iraq War, but the sentiments
> have not been translated into any mass activity since the beginning of
> the invasion. So, Washington won't withdraw from Iraq any time soon;
> and if it did, it would do so only to attack Iran, for instance,
> blaming Tehran, not itself, for the civil war in Iraq.
>
> Our failure has helped Washington wreck one nation in the Near East,
> which wasn't free but at least modern; let us not help it destroy
> another.

but doesn't helping the Iraqis drive out the US and UK help the folks in Palestine, Iran, and elsewhere in the Middle East? It might actually help those in Latin America... -- Jim Devine / "the world still seems stuck in greed-lock, ruled by fossilized fools fueled by fossil fuels." -- Swami Beyondananda