[lbo-talk] Doomed: Letters from Third-World Leaders

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue May 16 15:55:32 PDT 2006

On 5/17/06, Sean Johnson Andrews <inciteinsight at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In any case, I have thought about it a great deal and I still don't know why
> they would do (or are doing) Iran. It seems like a losing battle any way
> you slice it.

Domestic considerations: the November mid-term elections. Bush, Rove, and the bubble-folk are hoping the sheep, sorry, the electorate will recognize their patriotic duty to rally behind the preznit during a time of "crisis" and vote national security.

Also in the mixture: Bush's messianic streak as documented by Hersh and others.

That would be my take.

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam