[lbo-talk] jury duty

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 16:32:55 PDT 2006

Depends on whether there's enough money involved to make the case worth a jury consultant. Also depends on what the consultant says. Didn't some Hollywood studio head recently serve on a jury?

Nor do leftist credentials or publications have to be a disqualification. My old physics prof in grad school, a radical leftist who coauthored a book damning US nuclear policy from a Marxist point of view and who was a well-known outspoken local advocate of left wing positions in a small community -- Ann Arbor -- served on a jury once.

Please don't try to get out of jury duty. It's fun and it is good for you and for the legal system to have People Like Us participate.