[lbo-talk] more Churchill

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed May 17 20:26:10 PDT 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

It does take time, and that's why I don't
> publish as many pieces per day as Jeff at CounterPunch, Albert at
> ZNet, Sunil at Dissident Voice, etc. do; but time is not such a
> concern at scholarly presses, book publishing houses, etc., which
> don't publish pieces daily.

Yoshie, what proportion of articles do you seek out versus ones that are sent to MR?

Have you gone out of your way to court specific individuals?

> These are types of problems that editors and fact-checkers could have
> spotted.
>
> Just remember: in publishing, unlike blogging, authors don't have the
> final word over what gets out (its content, its style, its sources,
> its timing, etc.).

Right on. Working as an editor has given me lost of insight into how other writers think and behave. I love the writers who are so good that editing is a breeze. Can't stand the wingnuts and flakes who think that their writing has been blessed by god, or their life circumstances.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/