[lbo-talk] more Churchill

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:30:55 PDT 2006

On 5/17/06, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> It does take time, and that's why I don't
> > publish as many pieces per day as Jeff at CounterPunch, Albert at
> > ZNet, Sunil at Dissident Voice, etc. do; but time is not such a
> > concern at scholarly presses, book publishing houses, etc., which
> > don't publish pieces daily.
>
> Yoshie, what proportion of articles do you seek out versus ones that are
> sent to MR?
>
> Have you gone out of your way to court specific individuals?

For the first month or so, almost all pieces were contributed by MR writers or friends of MR, whom we had explicitly asked to write before the zine's launch. By now, most are unsolicited submissions, though I continue to solicit articles for the zine (sometimes from folks on this listserv, too), and so does Michael Yates (on labor pieces) as well as other friends of mine like Jon Flanders, Michael A. Labowitz, and Paul Buhle.

>I love the writers who are so good that
>editing is a breeze.

They make a HUGE difference in my life.

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>