[lbo-talk] US looks to arm Iran's neighbors, general says

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 19 11:21:05 PDT 2006

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> It's now important to focus in and discard superfluous
> nonsense about what Iran needs to do to avoid
> disaster. If Washington is determined to take action,
> no concession will suffice. If anyone believes
> otherwise they are suffering - and at quite a late
> date too - from a profound, perhaps tragic, form of
> naivete.

For u.s. leftists the most debatable question concerns the extent to which Bush administration is either (a) idiosyncratic and divergent from fundamental u.s. imperialist policy over the last century or (b) expressive of that policy. I believe the latter. Most on this list, I think, believe the former. I'm not sure it can be established either way by debate on a maillist.

Carrol