[lbo-talk] more Churchill/Holocaust

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 09:50:57 PDT 2006

On 5/20/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think the difference here is that Manifest Destiny
> was successful (from the viewpoint of 19th-century
> White Americans) whereas the push for Liebensraum
> failed (spectacularly). If the Nazis had actually won
> the war and set up a Greater Germany, you probably
> would have people in the Reich saying exactly the same
> thing as modern Americans do -- "eggs were broken, but
> look at this great country we built!"

Something like that can be seen in Philip K. Dick's THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE. Americans in the neutral zone between the Japanese and German empires totally accept Nazi hegemony and argue about which Nazi would be best to replace Hitler (using classic "lesser of two evils" logic). -- Jim Devine / "FREE ENTERPRISE, n. A system in which a few are born owning billions, most are born owning nothing, and all compete to accumulate wealth and power. If those born with billions succeed, it is due to their personal merits. If those born with nothing fail, it is due to their personal defects." -- American Heretic's Dictionary