Re: [lbo-talk] NYT to Chávez: Drop Dead

Thomas Wheeler thomasdwheeler at comcast.net
Sat May 20 10:33:53 PDT 2006

From: "Chuck" <chuck at mutualaid.org>
> You can't say that my assertion is false because we have yet to see how
> long Chavez clings to power.

Yes I can. You claimed Chavez is a dictator for life; you did not originally claim Chavez may in some future time become a dictator for life. The difference is obvious and your very specific assertion is false. Do the facts matter or do they not?

> I support the people of Latin America and their efforts to resist American
> imperialism. But as an anarchist I'm going to speak up in opposition to
> Chavez and all other leaders like him.

But don't you agree anarchists can be critical of Chavez without resorting to ridiculously false assertions? All that will do is serve to discredit the person making such absurd declarations that are easily debunked by the facts.

Tom