[lbo-talk] NYT to Chávez : Drop Dead

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 20 11:20:11 PDT 2006

Chuck wrote:

>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>> I understand that's Chavez's policy also, so there is little chance he
>> will take note of your ravings.
>
>All hail Chavez! Supreme savior of the Left!

That's not my attitude. I admire him because he's trying to do something really hard - keep a country together and promoting development while resisting US power. You make it sound like it would be easy to accomplish. In fact, you sound a lot like the ISO guy I was arguing Chavez with a few weeks ago - he dismissed him for taking the "Castro" route. I suspect this attitude has something to do with why Trostkyists and anarchists - two different kinds of purists - have had so little impact on real-world politics.

Doug