Re: [lbo-talk] NYT to Chávez: Drop Dead

Thomas Wheeler thomasdwheeler at comcast.net
Sat May 20 11:06:37 PDT 2006

From: "Chuck" <chuck at mutualaid.org>
> Thomas Wheeler wrote:
>
>> Yes I can. You claimed Chavez is a dictator for life; you did not
>> originally claim Chavez may in some future time become a dictator for
>> life. The difference is obvious and your very specific assertion is
>> false. Do the facts matter or do they not?
>
> Did I say that it was a fact that Chavez had been appointed
> dictator-for-life? My comment was directed at the liklihood that Chavez
> will turn into yet another leftist strongman, or, "dictator for life."

Oh, I get it. We shouldn't pay any attention to what you actually wrote. We should magically read your mind and deduce what you actually meant to say which different from what you *specifically* stated. And I apologize for mistakenly thinking you were attempting to be factual with regards to your assertion. I'll keep that in mind with all your future assertions. Appreciate you clearing this up!

Tom