Re: [lbo-talk] NYT to Chávez: Drop Dead

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Sat May 20 11:29:23 PDT 2006

None of my attacks were personal. I don't know your work but please point me to it.

On 5/20/06, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> Jerry Monaco wrote:
>
> > Chuck,
> >
> > How do you support the people of Latin America in their efforts to
> > resist U.S. imperialism?
>
> I reject your personal attack and your demands that I list what I am
> doing in solidarity with people struggling against imperialism around
> the world.
>
> My works speaks for itself.

None of my attacks were personal. I don't know your work but please point me to it. I know next to nothing about you. I was actually trying to have a discussion. If you have answered my questions or wondered about my hypotheticals in your work then please point me to it and I will get around to reading it. You don't know how sympathetic or not sympathetic I am to your point of view. My questions were real. I know where attacked you personally, though my intervention was sharp. I did not anywhere say that you would introduce to a resolution before the city council. I was trying to engage in an actual discussion of how, when, and where to speak and how to act, as a United States residence in support of and solidarity with the people in Latin America. But I don't think that my sharpness was wrong because I was actually curious about what you thought and you seem to only answer with one variation or another of "drop dead." So I thought by posing the questions sharply you might actually make see something I haven't seen. If you actually read what I wrote you would not have responded to me in the way you did. But I suppose I should never actually try to have a conversation with someone whose way of saying hello is "Fuck you."

Jerry Monaco -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060520/fab45ba7/attachment.htm>