[lbo-talk] jury duty/Real expertise

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sun May 21 18:26:00 PDT 2006

At 11:38 AM -0700 21/5/06, joanna wrote:

>Something really odd is going on... I am linked up with about a
>dozen families with teenage sons, of these four have sons that have
>been diagnosed with schizophrenia. This is a suspiciously high
>number.
>
>Why is it all boys? Why is it such a high proportion?

Possibly it may be environmental, your social environment may suffer an abnormally high proportion of head-shrinkers? ;-)

The gender imbalance is easy to explain, boys seem to have less social skills than girls, find it harder to adapt to what is expect of them, or at least take longer to learn the skills. If you haven't learned how to behave "normal" and you are unfortunate enough to come into contact with psychiatrists (who have a "diagnosis" for anything slightly abnormal) then you are in trouble. Of course once you start on the mind-destroying drugs, especially at an age when your neural network is developing, you will be in all sorts of trouble.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas