[lbo-talk] JCP and Foreign Resident Rights

Guest lbodownload at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 20:18:58 PDT 2006

--- Wendy Lyon <wendy.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/17/06, Jean-Christophe Helary
> <fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp> wrote:
> >
> > Also "non-permanency" is a status that does not
> really reflect the
> > actual situation of foreigners. I have been here
> for 10 years but
> > visa quirks and immigration office arbitrary
> decisions make it look
> > like I have been here only about 4 years (when it
> comes to count the
> > years to see if I can apply for a permanent
> visa...)

Totally feel your pain. Don't even get me started about visa regulations in taiwan. I've lived here for 2 and a half years, but every time i fly home for christmas or to visit relatives my credited time "resets" along with any privileges that come with long term residence. When I get back from my hong kong visa run it will be another FOUR MONTHS until i'm legal to get a part time job and even then the gubmint will take 20 percent of my salary for the first three months, non refundable. Probably have to get a new aids test too. All foreigners have aids : (