[lbo-talk] Erschlossenheit, noch einmal

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon May 22 08:52:12 PDT 2006

At around 19/5/06 11:41 am, Miles Jackson wrote:

> What
> disappoints me is that the type of philosophical analysis presented by
> the Heidegger fans onlist obscures these important questions rather than
> bringing them to the forefront.

I am an on-list Heidegger fan, but AFAIK I have not attempted to present a philosophical analysis. This is not just because I am not an expert on Heidegger and Chris and Justin have written better already than anything I can, but also because I believe Heidegger is worth the while (for list members) to read. If not his direct writings, then the various explications available (I recommended Steiner). Of course there is no reason for list members to take my word for it, which is perfectly acceptable to me. My interest in these threads is primarily to challenge the bullies who denigrate either individuals they disagree with or threaten to the effect: you will be met with contempt etc, if you hold up a Nazi as an important thinker. I explained in my response to Jim Devine why I believe this sort of threat is shallow.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/