[lbo-talk] repulsive press release of the day

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon May 22 13:33:32 PDT 2006

AMERICA: THE LAST BEST HOPE is the unadulterated story of America, which inspires patriotism and highlights the triumphs as well as the tragedies... (some scum lit agent)

Are you going to interview Bennett? I'd be surprised if he agreed.

But in any case notice an interesting evasion---not the obvious, ``...HOPE is the unadulterated story...'', but the contrast of triumphs and `tragedies'. So for example I would assume that slavery wasn't a deliberate, racist, economic atrocity that was clung to by at least half the US government to keep their asses in mint julips in the shade of the veranda---or a crushing, utterly inhuman, and despictable violation of everything the US was supposed to stand for. No, see that's that dark, cynicial view.

Slavery was a tragedy of misdirection. We got off on the wrong foot there, mistakes were made, but we came to our senses and got over it, turning tragedy into a triumph. Yes sir Mister Bill, that's jess how it was back in d'm days.

CG