[lbo-talk] Relativity in Islam

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Tue May 23 13:55:04 PDT 2006

I was looking at a website on physics, and saw an interesting google advert....so I clicked...

"Relativity in Islam Quran defined: Speed of Light, Time Dilation, Black Holes, Wormholes."

http://www.speed-light.info/challenge.html?gclid=CPLz8ridj4UCFQpREgodLjeVJQ

Check this out:

"299,792.458 km/s is the speed of light in vacuum. But 1400 years ago it was stated in the Koran (Quran, the book of Islam) that angels travel in one day the same distance that the moon travels in 1000 lunar years, that is, 12000 Lunar orbits / Earth day. Today we know that if we remove the Earth-moon system from the gravitational field of the sun all observers will see the speed of light outside gravitational fields to be equivalent to 12000 Lunar orbits / Earth day."

Speed of Angels:

So we can calculate the speed of angels in vacuum and compare it to the known speed of light in vacuum 299792.458 km/s:

C t' = 12000 L'

And L' = L cosø = V T cosø

C t' = 12000 V T cosø

C = (12000 V T cosø) / t'

Substituting the NASA sidereal values of the periods T and t' (from above table); ø is 26.9295 degrees and could be manually calculated at this footnote [3]; cosø = 0.8915645, we arrive at the velocity of angels as claimed in the Koran:

C = (12000 x 3682.092 x 655.71986 x 0.8915645) / 86164.0906

C = 299792.5 km/s

So...there you have it.

Or

"Moslems believe that Paradise and Hell are both much bigger and much more massive than Earth (but still much smaller than God's Throne). The theory of general relativity says that time should pass slower near an object more massive than Earth (in a stronger gravitational field). So according to general relativity, time should pass in Paradise/Hell much slower than on Earth. Moslems say that this is what Allah says. It is stated in the Quran that 1 day in Paradise/Hell measures a 1000 years on Earth:

[Quran 22.47] They challenge you to bring forth that torture [in Hell] and Allah will not break His promise; a day of your Lord [Paradise/Hell promise] is like a thousand years of what you count."

And, I bet you didn't know that Angels use worm holes to get around...

"The Quran says that those heavenly doors are galactic shortcuts to distant places in the universe. Angels guard those heavenly doors 'from every evil spirit accursed'. Moslems believe that angels use these doors for long distance travel. Angels can accelerate up to the speed of light for domestic travel; but they use these wormholes to reach any place in the universe before you finish reading this sentence:

Allah gave this method of transportation to his angels throughout the universe. The Quran calls them ‘Maarej’ (Quran 70.3) and describes how angels use them for long distance travel. Today Moslems know that these ‘Maarej’ is what scientists call wormholes. Moslems also believe that wormholes are not strictly for the use of angels. Their prophet used a wormhole once in the ‘Israa & Meraaj’ (Meraaj is singular of Maarej) (Quran 17.1)."