[lbo-talk] 3 videos I uploaded to YouTube, enjoy

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue May 23 17:59:38 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

>> I kind of like the old sourpuss. We talked on the phone once about 15
>> years ago - he mostly growled at me. But I like what Bookchin had to
>> say - he's got a point about what the capitalist workplace does to
>> the consciousness of the worker. But on bad days, I don't see that
>> too many people resist hierarchy - in fact, an awful lot of people
>> seem to take pleasure in it.

Well, it's easier to take orders than to get together with others and figure out what to do. The second option is arduous and it never really lets up; it requires attention and care; nothing takes care of itself.

Also, the second option is not something that anyone has much practice with because historically, it has never been an option.

Joanna