[lbo-talk] Bob Again (Was National Review's Top 50 )

J cogprole2 at earthlink.net
Sun May 28 13:51:16 PDT 2006

On May 28, 2006, at 1:35 PM, doug wrote:

> I'm always amazed and amused by how Dylan fans - including my father-
> in-law - don't want to admit to the right-wing content of the song.
> The way he spits out "equality in school" is not apolitical - it's
> from someone who hates the very idea. "Liberty" is a very right-wing
> word. The contempt for professors and abstractions is right out of
> American right-wing populism.

you can interpret that song many different ways. assuming that it is

autobiographical ... which it might not be. he could be satirizing an imaginary fictional character. he could be satirizing himself. there could be a grey area. i would assume though young

= left, old = right and that he was naive, ignorant and did some

stupid stuff like black and white = moral absolutism. you can

just as easily interpret it that way.

~J