[lbo-talk] OT: organizing large file collection on cd/dvd

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Mon May 29 15:25:17 PDT 2006

I've been familiar with Google's Desktop for a while now, and I agree with you that it does look very interesting (except for the privacy issue, which Google has been getting much weaker then they use to... example being their response to China a while back).

The problem for me is that the files are not on my hard drive --- I only have around 29 GB, which is my I had to burn so many of them. My intuition tells me that I will windup using something like W.A.M.P. - aka Windows, Apache, MySQL (or PostgreSQL) and PHP. Right now that is WAY ABOVE my head and will take a while to read and practice.

Still, thanks for the suggestion.