[lbo-talk] $105 oil?

Aditya Mopur mopuradityabharadwaj at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 20:01:31 PDT 2006

That would mean that it would be worth extracting oil from the places that are not feasiblie at current rates, right? Hugo Chavez is probably doing a version of the happy dance, given his previous statements

http://tinyurl.com/z739h

----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 7:37:37 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] $105 oil?

Oil could top $105 in major supply outage: expert By Haitham Haddadin Sun May 28, 12:52 PM ET

KUWAIT (Reuters) - A Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS - news) projection that oil prices could top $100 a barrel in the event of a major supply disruption could be conservative in the current tight market, said a senior executive with the investment bank.

Other energy experts told an energy forum late on Saturday in Kuwait that global oil market fundamentals point to generally higher energy prices as demand growth outstrips new supply.

"We thought that maybe somewhere within $50 to $70 (oil price) we might get the economic damage and that it would take a major, not a minor, disruption to get to the $105 number," said Arjun Murti, Managing Director at Goldman Sachs.