[lbo-talk] Re: Aundhati Roy on the brewing instability in India

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 14:25:01 PDT 2006

Aditya Mopur <mopuradityabharadwaj at yahoo.com> wrote: >>Usually we get an unrelieved diet of yuppie
>>"India Shining" pieces. Nice to see reality poke its nose into the tent.
>>john mage

John, you're most welcome. I am sick and tired of the India Shining pieces as well, particularly when the shine is only urban, and that too in the bigger cities only.

Let me say that I find Ulhas's posts to be a refreshing corrective to the gloom and doom stuff about South Asia that you read in the left press. I think he makes a valuable contribution.