[lbo-talk] Re: Circulation Plunges at Major US Newspapers

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 00:05:02 PST 2006

Apocryphally, there was one Australian far-left grouplet that always achieved sales of its newspaper wildly out of proportion to the popularity of its politics, because one of its members was a bookie who ensured that the paper contained four pages of extremely astute racing tips and analysis.

I certainly think that the next step to building a popular left movement in the USA would be for Left Business Observer to get a sports section and perhaps some decent cartoons. I can probably find someone to write the horoscopes.

best dd