[lbo-talk] My interview w/ World Burns to Death

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:21:25 PST 2006

> On Nov 2, 2006, at 2:54 AM, B. wrote:
>
> > *-Doug Henwood wrote:
> True, and god knows I sure like some obnoxious offensive stuff. But
> did the DKs ever say anyting like fill up the body bags? I thought
> they went after more worthy targets, like Jerry Brown.
>
> There's a very disturbing Xiu Xiu song addressed to a GI - "why
> should I care if you get killed?"
>
> Doug
> _______

"A" very disturbing Xiu Xiu song. Something I've loved about Pitchforkmedia.com is that they really love Jamie Stewart, and as a result, Xiu Xiu albums, along with a lot of other noisy, discordant and "weird" stuff they recommend, end up in used bins for me to pick up cheap!

The World Burns to Death thing is interesting in that I think they're lumping their disdain for what they perceive as "American values" into a hatred for the things "average" Americans purportedly approve. It's a stretch, but this isn't the first time folks have started with the whole eff supporting the troops. Joel Stein was on this in the L.A. Times way back in January [albeit with a much softer, fuzzier tone.]

-- J T. Ramsay 1626 S. 2nd St. #2 Philadelphia, PA 19148 cell: 267 252 0852 blackmailismylife.com/blog -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061103/94bcc6a4/attachment.htm>