[lbo-talk] My interview w/ World Burns to Death

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Thu Nov 2 08:51:36 PST 2006

B. wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:

>>> The phrase is a cop-out. The left use it as a justification for an

>>> anti-war stance. Begging for permission. So as not to be labeled

>>> anti-American. World Burns to Death does not ask for permission. We

>>> are anti-American. Fuck the troops. Bring them home in body

>>> bags. Fucking brainless murderers.

>> Yikes, that'll win friends & influence people.

> The Dead Kennedys might not have won friends and

> influenced people by saying people were "chickenshit

> conformists like their parents," either. Punk bands

> that have won friends and influenced people include

> Green Day.

I don't agree that soldiers are "brainless murderers." However, that idea is well-accepted among the elite, from Einstein to Kissinger:

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

-- Albert Einstein

"In Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as 'dumb, stupid animals to be used’ as pawns for foreign policy."

-- Woodward and Bernstein, _The Final Days_

Tayssir