[lbo-talk] Aren't There Any Hets Left?

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Nov 3 09:49:30 PST 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 12:24, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I've said this before, and it seems to get truer all the time: it's
> as if it's a condition of possibility for being a high-profile fundie
> that you have a secret life.

Hysteron proteron, I think. I grew up down South and know a lot of these guys. My sense was that many, maybe most of 'em were basically gay and fighting it very hard; the religiosity was a desperate attempt to sublimate it. Jesus as the acceptable Mr Right (and a shield against the forbidden charms of Mr Right Now).

--

Michael J. Smith

mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org