[lbo-talk] My interview w/ World Burns to Death

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Fri Nov 3 19:21:39 PST 2006

Charles Brown wrote:

> I don't feel power or strength because the

> physical power is all in the car not me.

Well I auto-X'd twice and when I got out of the car after ten minutes of shoving an eleven year old Miata around the cones I was soaked with sweat and shaking and panting from the effort. It was plenty physical, and that car had power steering too.

If I could afford a new set of Hoosier tires every four months I'd do that again. I didn't get very good time compared with the better drivers but even though I drifted pretty good I didn't take out a single cone either!

Re SUVs: God damn drunk truck driver totalled my '93 Miata. Hate hate hate. All of 'em to blame! (Don't ask me to be rational.) Assholes.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net