[lbo-talk] Become a vegetarian or rot in hell!!! ;-)

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 5 21:02:46 PST 2006

B. wrote:

If we thought of cows or pigs the way we do cats and dogs -- that is, privileged/more humanized than other animals -- they'd be safe from the slaughterhouse-manufucatory as well, just like horses now are in the US. Horses are movin' on up!

*************************************

As far as I know, kangaroo meat and Vegemite have been banned for import

into the USA. In COLLAPSE, Jared Diamond made the case that

kangaroo is actually a more sustainable form of animal husbandry for the

Australian environment than sheep or cattle.

I just bought some kangaroo meat at the local supermarket for my wife to eat--bush tucker. Very good,

so she says and healthy too. Anthony Mundine trains on bush tucker.

Me, I'm a vegetarian. Have been for years now. Give me a Coopers Sparkling Ale for lunch and

chilies for dinner. Fortunately, there is lots of both in Oz.

As far as animal husbandry goes, I think there's a big global warming issue involved with

methane and deforestation, which seem to be necessary bi-products of cattle and sheep

ranching, especially as there are now six billion humans on the planet--in itself unsustainable, IMO.

Go planned parenthood!

Oh yeah, on global warming...the Howard government has just started taking this seriously.

Well, since Aussie farmers/sheep and cattle ranchers are committing suicide in droves over the longest drought in a century. Of course, they'll push all the wrong solutions to the problem e.g. nuclear power; using "market forces" to make the necessary changes in agricultural and energy policies.

Regards,

Mike B)

Watch the communist manifestoon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oGIffyVVk

--------------------------------- Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap PC-to-Phone call rates. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061105/847c9bbc/attachment.htm>