[lbo-talk] Avigdor Lieberman discloses his visions

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 5 22:38:11 PST 2006

New Israeli Minister for Strategic Affairs discloses his visions

Arab Monitor

Tel Aviv, 5 November - Hardly a few days in office, Israel's newly appointed Minister for Strategic Affairs, Avigdor Lieberman, caused embarrassment and indignation among the Israeli left-wing public by declaring that the best way to achieve peace in the Middle East would be to separate Jews from Arabs, including from Israeli Arab citizens.

Lieberman, whose political outlooks and connections were formed by the extreme racist movement of Meir Kahane that inspires the enterprises of the Jewish settlers in Hebron and elsewhere in the Occupied Territories of Palestine, summed up his strategical vision of a racially purified country saying: "We established Israel as a Jewish country, I want to provide an Israel that is a Jewish, Zionist country. It's about what kind of country we want to see in the future. Either it will be an [ethnically mixed] country like any other, or it will continue as a Jewish country".

On Israeli Army Radio the head of the right-wing extremist party Yisrael Beiteinu explained his ideas about stripping Palestinians in Israel of their citizenship by reducing the status of the largely Arab so-called Triangle in northern Israel to the same no-law status as a territory under military administration enjoyed by the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. In addition, he called on the "international community" to brace for confrontation with Iran, talking about "an axis of evil led by Iran ... Iran is the biggest threat, it's a problem for the whole world, but Israel really has a bad location. We are on the front line between the clash of civilizations between the free world and the extremist Islamic world".

http://www.arabmonitor.info/news/dettaglio.php?idnews=16256&lang=en