[lbo-talk] What the results tell us...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 8 05:29:32 PST 2006

Blackmail wrote:

I don't know which is worse really: the grandstanding, self-satisfied Dems here in PA, or the Republicans' chicken little routine now that Pelosi's the Speaker. Toss up!

CNN showed an exit poll stating that 50% of Americans support troop withdrawal in some form or another, and Howard Dean very confidently stated that no such thing would happen if the Dems took Congress. Sweet!

Dean is not a king. Some troops will come out. There's bi-partisan support

for that. Expect re-deployment of occupation forces to military bases and

the oil fields, after all, that's why "we're" there in the first place. That'll get

bi-partisan support as well. What Dean is saying is, "We ain't leaving that oil patch

or those Saudi replacement bases anytime soon."

The good thing is that it's not entirely Shrub's game to call anymore. To be sure, he still has

some negative legislative power via the veto and he still has his "bully pulpit". But, I think people

are really tired of his Yalie frat-boy smirk and good-ole-boy" act. Now that the Democrats

have gotten more than just the power to whinge, they can be charged with responsibilty for governing.

I think the results of this election will allow the real left the political space to be able to more effectively make points about how the interests of our rulers and the rest of us

aren't the same and perhaps some more workers will listen. After all, material

circumstances will continue to come under the impact of global warming and a host of

other associated screw ups which continually demonstrate the utter incompetence of our

beloved rulers.

Regards,

Mike B)

Watch the communist manifestoon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oGIffyVVk

--------------------------------- Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061108/f35cc3e7/attachment.htm>