[lbo-talk] What the results tell us...

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 06:05:00 PST 2006

> On 11/8/06, Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au> wrote:I think the
> results of this election will allow the real left the political space to be
> able to more effectively make points about how the interests of our rulers
> and the rest of us
> aren't the same and perhaps some more workers will listen. After all,
> material
> circumstances will continue to come under the impact of global warming and
> a host of
> other associated screw ups which continually demonstrate the
> utter incompetence of our
> beloved rulers.

The idea that a "real left" will emerge sounds like wish fulfillment to me. Why should that happen now instead of in opposition to a wildly conservative, unified government? Hasn't the Democratic caucus grown more conservative? This election must rank among the least conclusive/coherent in recent memory, incl. 2000. SD strikes down the abotion ban, but Arizona declares English its "official" language? This election was more of a WTF moment than a tocsin. -- J T. Ramsay 1626 S. 2nd St. #2 Philadelphia, PA 19148 cell: 267 252 0852 blackmailismylife.com/blog -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061108/75854006/attachment.htm>