[lbo-talk] What the results tell us...

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 06:30:04 PST 2006

On 11/8/06, Blackmail <blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com> wrote:

> The idea that a "real left" will emerge sounds like wish fulfillment to me.
> Why should that happen now instead of in opposition to a wildly
> conservative, unified government? Hasn't the Democratic caucus grown more
> conservative? This election must rank among the least conclusive/coherent in
> recent memory, incl. 2000. SD strikes down the abotion ban, but Arizona
> declares English its "official" language? This election was more of a WTF
> moment than a tocsin.

Definitely. well put. Not even about polarization, just about politicians making piecemeal changes fighting for the claim to be the universal solution to all our problems. No overhaul is on the horizon because the dominant social system is still the same; it just got a new set of people to avoid addressing anything that might actually change it.