[lbo-talk] Re: What's the Matter With Kansas

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Nov 8 09:25:45 PST 2006

BklynMagus wrote:

> Leftists will never be able to build effective and comprehensive
> alliances with Blacks until they get over their infantile, knee-
> jerk reactions to religion.

Religion is fucking stupid. I'm a militant atheist who fucking hates religion. I'm not going to shove my feelings about religion into the closet in order to mollify some NPR liberal progressives who want to make nice with religious people. If anything, leftists should be more vocal and critical of religion, even the crap spewed by religious people of color.

I live and grew up in a city of megachurches and religion. I'm tired of religion. I want to enjoy getting into the faces of religious people. I want to offend the holy crap out of them. I want to step on their pious hypocritical toes. I want to smack the motherfuckers who go to church on Sundays, display anti-choice bumper stickers on their cars and pretend that they have no obligation to eliminate poverty. I'm fucking tired of the megachurches with their office complexes, Sunday school facilities that are better than inner city schools, and their multimedia outreach to the "unchurched." I'm tired of religion idiots who indoctinate children in their "schools" of ignorance. I'm tired of their rejection of evolution and the rest of reality.

If you are going to go around talking about your imaginary friends and using your deluded beliefs to control my life, I'm going to stand up and spit in your face. I don't care what the color of your skin is if you believe in this stupid bullshit.

Chuck