[lbo-talk] What the elections mean for the unions

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Nov 8 16:55:55 PST 2006

Jim Straub wrote:

> So, mixed but mostly a bit positive results for rebuilding the labor
> movement out of yesterday's glorious triumph of the mushy center of
> politics in the belly of beast. Onward!

That was pretty much my reaction. Due to a raging flu, I missed last night's news coverage and didn't read the headlines until this morning. Truly delightful, to see the oiligarchy melt. So I decided to go on a 24 hour gloat binge. That's right, 24 hours of nothing but sheer, unadulterated gloating -- gloating over the House, gloating over the governorships, gloating over the Senate, gloating over Rummy's fall. Of course, in another 12 hours I'll start detesting the Dems all over again, but right now, I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

-- DRR