[lbo-talk] What the elections mean for the unions

ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 09:37:21 PST 2006

At around 8/11/06 5:34 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2006, at 5:17 PM, Jim Straub wrote:
>
>> I hope I don't have to phone bank for a dem again for a real long time
>> now...
>
> Eeek, how could you!?!?!??!

I did too. Because I guess the small difference between the Dems and GOP is still significant for a range of issues (and also importantly attitudes) that are important, including issues that affect me. I have no inner Trot I guess ;-).

It was not a fun experience given I have not quite figured out the American accent, inflections, etc well enough yet, resulting in my having to take a small share of abuse from conservatives interested in attacking me for the message I was conveying. From an organising perspective, it seems they could have used me more productively in other capacities.

--ravi