[lbo-talk] Ellen Willis dies

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Nov 9 16:30:15 PST 2006

At 06:20 PM 11/9/2006, Jesse Lemisch wrote:
>These posts are so amazing that they cry out to be forwarded to feminist
>listservs. Is there any rule against that, or are these posts, as I assume,
>public?
>
>Jesse Lemisch

Here's one: bite the two inch long hair growing out of the mole on my left labia.

With warm regards, too!

You have a lot of fucking nerve simply ignoring Yoshie and I on this score. We're feminists and we've been on this list a long time, sometimes waging some ridiculous battles with certains factions of the left that haunt these spaces. The notion that you need to some "real feminists" to go show these posts to in order to buttress your insistence that this is about male rage is ridiculous. Have you ever seen any of these folks posting doing so when they pissed off? No? Because if you had, you'd know the difference between that and the comments you received.

The objected to your belief that you can impose some kind of standard on how to respond to the death of someone, insisting that there was some kind of decorum to follow that somehow manifests everywhere and always. There's not, as far as I know. And, in terms of obits announced on this list, what you see dished out here with regard to Willis is standard fare with anyone. And you can bet your sweet ass that Todd Gitlin would be savaged were he to pass. In fact, I'll bet you the bottle of scotch Sawicky owes me.

I'll go to the mat for many things feminist, but this is bullshit -- imposing some standard of decorum on a list, the mores and norms of which you obviously know little and clearly you don't know much about Henwood who, rule number one, likes gossip. ;p

"the sanctimonious Bitch | Lab ... a ... multi-degreed asswipe (who write) ... tedious blogs of regurgitated theory..."

-- Amanda Marcotte, Pandagon

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org