[lbo-talk] trash talking the lumpenproletariat

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Thu Nov 9 19:10:22 PST 2006

I think it was Angelus Novus who sent us this:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,442649,00.html

I trashed the message in disgust so I'm not sure. Hate that kind vacuous class-hatred waffle. Though it explains why we lumpens hate him back. Here's how it looks from our side:

Trash of all nations

Oh there's trash in every nation And there's trash on every side There's trash outside your window When you look outside

There's trash outside your Volvo When you take a ride They're knocking at your door And they want to come inside

Yes there's trash in every nation And they're sick of being trash They're sick of being tortured They're sick of being bashed

They're sick of being lied to As though they cannot see They're sick of living slavery And being told they 're free

Oh there's trash upon your TV set Being beaten up by cops Some of them are fighting back, Some are throwing rocks

Some of us are laughing Though we haven't got a hope I'd hate to be a cynic Broken, numbed and doped

Oh there's trash outside your courtrooms And there's trash inside your jails There's trash inside the unions And there's more beyond the pale

They're living lives outside your laws Your police are in vain Well scorn to live in slavery Bound by iron chains