[lbo-talk] On back benchers and committee chairs

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 10 11:30:10 PST 2006

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

> Committee chairs do set agenda, but the back-benchers can vote with
> the Republicans.
>
> Doug

So can Committee chairs. Look who is go to be heading the Foreign Relations Committee Congressman Tom Lantos, of Kuwaiti baby incubator fame. Mr. Lantos has never met a war he didn't like. With his leadership, I think we can stop worrying about "cutting and running" from Iraq. SR "The likely incoming chairmen of the House International Relations Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee -- Rep. Tom Lantos of San Mateo and Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware -- say that while they will not use their posts to seek funding cuts in the administration's Iraq policy, they will seek to carve out a separate identity. " full at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/11/10/MNG6SMA3RS1.DTL&type=politics