[lbo-talk] P P S I L O V E Y O U

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 13:51:55 PST 2006

John, or anyone,

Is there a collection of her music writing you could recommend? I'd love to read it. It's harder to write about than one would think. Especially in a halfway decent way. Maybe there's a definitive anthology of her music-related stuff?

Thanks,

-B.

John Adams wrote:
>> From: bitch <bitch at pulpculture.org>
>
>> (could someone tell an uncouth person if i'm doing
the multiple p.s.'s
>> correctly. hmmm?)
>
> Gladly!
>
> Jesse, she did it right.
>
> Really, this thread pisses me off. I grew up reading
the Village Voice in the seventies and became a music writer in the eighties in no small part due to reading Ellen Willis. (Not that her other work didn't influence me, too, but her influence on me as a music writer was immense.) I think Liza is right that Jesse would have pissed Willis off, too. It's a pity we can't bring her back and ask her.