[lbo-talk] Borat

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 07:21:40 PST 2006

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
>Carl:
>
>>[It's a sign of extraordinary social decline and devolution in political
>>consciousness that Borat has gotten such fav notices.]
>
>Says someone who hasn't even seen the film (he prefers Abu Ghraib).

Correct. I have never seen a minstrel show either, but I think I have a pretty good grasp of the dynamics of minstrel show "humor."

>And that C-Punch piece is one of the dumbest, most tone-deaf reactions I've
>yet seen. That's what happens when PC academics try to analyze comedy.

That's rich coming from a guy who devoted an entire book to anatomizing the work of Michael O'Donoghue, a comedian who was about as funny as a chainsaw accident.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with Live Search! http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline