[lbo-talk] Borat

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Nov 11 07:39:03 PST 2006

Carl:

> Correct. I have never seen a minstrel show either, but I think I have a
> pretty good grasp of the dynamics of minstrel show "humor."

Too bad. Not familiar with the work of Bert Williams? Or would you rather waterboard at Gitmo?

> That's rich coming from a guy who devoted an entire book to anatomizing
> the work of Michael O'Donoghue, a comedian who was about as funny as a
> chainsaw accident.

A book that I'm sure you've never read, about an influential humorist you know nothing about. But then, that's your shtick -- denouncing things without having the slightest idea what the hell they are.

Dennis