[lbo-talk] Reuters: Bush support down to 31%, public backs Dems' goals

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Nov 12 07:33:35 PST 2006

B. wrote:

> The strongest support, 92 percent, was for lowering
> drug prices for retirees on Medicare by allowing the
> government to negotiate directly with drug companies.
> Some three-quarters of respondents said it should be a
> top priority, according to Newsweek.

Stock prices for Pfizer and Merck dropped the day after the election. Looks like the drug companies are facing some hard times.

I think that one priority for the anti-capitalist movement should be to agitate about drug prices and other hot button economic issues.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/