[lbo-talk] Decrepit healthcare adds to toll in Iraq

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Nov 12 08:20:08 PST 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Needless to say, Redstockings could not hope to reach a large
> audience, it being essentially an archive, and the reputation of
> old-fashioned Marxist-Leninism being lower than even that of Islamism
> in the USA, it is difficult to see what positive impact WW and its
> fronts International Action Center and International Answer had on the
> public.

It's not difficult to see. Workers World and its front groups have had no impact on the general American public. They are totally off the radar. They have made some news around the time of their anti-war protests, but news coverage has been minimal and mostly focused on the the fact that a protest happened, not on the messages. WW publications aren't widely read nor does their website get any traffic.

It could be argued that they've had some impact on the anti-war movement, but I suspect that most antiwar activists couldn't even tell you WW/IAC/ANSWER's views on any issue.

I think that it's very evident that they have had a negative impact on the antiwar movement. Thanks to them, and to some extent the UFPJ, the antiwar movement has had no impact on the public's turn against the war.

Chuck