[lbo-talk] Post-secondary teaching jobs?

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Nov 12 13:12:44 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2006, at 10:39 PM, joanna wrote:
>
>> Every time I look at an article on job trends, I see predictions for
>> a growing demand for post secondary teachers.
>

> The BLS says <http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2005/11/art5full.pdf> the
> field will grow by 32% from 2004 to 2014; it's on their list of
> fastest-growing occupations. They don't say in what fields, or what
> kind of jobs though.
>
> Doug

Thanks for posting that, Doug. It's very informative to look at Table 3: where will the jobs grow most rapidly in the U. S. economy from 2004-2014? With a few exceptions (RNs, college profs), it's in poverty wage occupations (food prep, retail, home health aides) that require little or no education. All hail the new economy!

Miles