[lbo-talk] Something else about Killing Joke singer becoming official EU composer

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Sun Nov 12 21:12:16 PST 2006

Actually, Bauhaus does cover I'm Waiting For The Man on their live Album, but it's nothing to write home about. It actually sounds like a drunken bar band's take on the song. The rest of the album is quite sparkling though. Bauhaus was never all that much of a cover band. The Tones On Tail version of Heartbreak Hotel on the other hand is fairly entertaining.

On the topic of post-punk, I am happy about the revival to get all these great reissues, but the contemporary acts are really boring. What happened to politics and experimentation? There are a couple things worth listening to, but they're primarily from a couple years ago and were generally released on Dischord (Black Eyes and Q and not U's last release.) It's all boring songs about going to the disco and no free jazz.

robert wood