[lbo-talk] Re: On Tuesday, economic populism had a good

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 13 14:25:06 PST 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Jim Straub wrote:

> Ah hah! Finally I have trapped you into expressing support for our
> union's strategic project! Oh, I'll be quoting you on this in the
> future... ;)
>
> In the last print LBO however didn't you advance a different
> proposition, with respect to the auto industry? Change your mind?
> Or just easier to say such things here than in a speech to labor
> notes people?

What I was trying to say there, perhaps not successfully, is that losing the auto industry would cause the U.S. serious economic damage. But I have no clue how to reverse the decline.

But, yes, I'm 110% behind your union's strategic project. There's no reason service sector jobs have to be crappy.

Doug