[lbo-talk] RE: Ortega as sellout

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 14 06:32:51 PST 2006

>From: Cseniornyc at aol.com
>
>... his father Mario ...is not a "magic-realist" author ...

Mario Vargas Llosa turns up in many Web cites as a magical-realism author, but I guess that itself is an example of magical realism ;-) I see that MVL himself rejects the label, i.e.: "The--now shopworn--label of 'magical realism' ... has never fitted Vargas Llosa, who disavows the adjective. 'I have an invincible weakness for so-called realism,' he remarks in [his memoir] A Fish in the Water."

<http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:k2isp4OEVWQJ:www.thenation.com/doc/20040126/anderson/2+magic+realism+llosa&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=24>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Use your PC to make calls at very low rates https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx