[lbo-talk] Thesis, antithesis, thesis! ...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 15 19:40:25 PST 2006

On Nov 15, 2006, at 8:07 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Doug neer has answered my question of what
> he learns from watching tv that I remain ignorant of. He merely
> blew it
> off as riiculous. But there is so much repetition, redundancy,
> overlap,
> whatever in modern culture that one loses almost nothing by being
> innocent or mostly innocent of broad swatches of it.

How do you know if you never look?

Scores of millions of your fellow Americans, and hundreds of millions of your fellow humans, get much of their information about the world from TV, and you have no fucking idea what they're seeing. Don't you think that leaves you estranged?

Besides, I like TV. It's fun. You're missing fun.

Doug