[lbo-talk] Thesis, antithesis, thesis! ...

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Nov 15 20:16:54 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Besides, I like TV. It's fun. You're missing fun.

I try, I really try to watch the news sometimes. But it just doesn't work. It's the arrogance, the self-satisfaction, the narrowness, the vapidity, the sound bites, the utter waste of it all.

But I am willing to learn. Please, teach me where the fun is.

I mean, there used to be great TV. The Addams Family, Roseanne, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Nureyev dancing with Miss Piggy on Sesame Street...

Is there something like that now?

Sincerely,

Joanna