[lbo-talk] the Iraqi resistance at work

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Nov 19 20:03:19 PST 2006

>> On 11/19/06, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>> Can someone explain the strategic rationale behind this?
>>
>> HILLA, Iraq (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed 22 people south of
>>Baghdad on Sunday by offering poor Shi'ite workers day laboring
>>jobs and then detonating explosives packed inside his minibus as
>>the crowd gathered around it.
>>
>> Nihilism? Sectarianism? Making Iraq ungovernable? I don't get it.

I see no basis for accepting the line that the man in the minibus detonated the explosives. Most likely he was himself a dupe just like all the other victims--he didn't know the van was rigged to explode on a remote signal. And in considering responsibility for this and many similar atrocities we must remember that Iraq is crawling with mercenaries, all of them hired killers, many of them--veterans of the South African and Central American counterrevolutions--among the worst fascist terrorists in the world. And we must also remember that, just before the atrocities pitting Shia and Sunni against each other began in earnest, the US press was reporting discussion among "counterinsurgency experts" of the "Salvador Option." When anyone says that the slaughter is merely an "indirect" effect of the Occupation, remember that phrase: Salvador Option.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos