[lbo-talk] the Iraqi resistance at work

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Sun Nov 19 22:28:28 PST 2006

On 20 nov. 06, at 02:22, Doug Henwood wrote:
> What does this mean? Saddam's government was a horror, but the US
> invasion has made things far far worse. I'm trying to understand
> why someone would trap a bunch of desperate workers and blow them
> up. Obviously you don't know the answer, but you couldn't just say
> that, could you?

It reads more like you are equating the Iraqi resistance (your title) to a bunch of fanatics who blow themselves up with the people around them.

We have yet to see a fair account of what the Iraqi resistance to the US coalition is actually producing on the ground.

Wasn't it Tariq Ali in your own interview who was saying that such fanatic tactics were way too much represented in the western media while the actual resistance was totally downplayed ?

Jean-Christophe